Stand Up Paddleboarding (SUP)
The club offers excellent facilities for paddleboards – members are welcome to use their own boards on the lake, but if you don’t have one, we have a number of boards available for hire by the hour. For more details please contact the membership secretary.
Stand-up-Paddleboard Usage Conditions
- Due to their design SUP boards will not be available for hire in strong winds.
- Suitable footwear should be used to avoid injury to feet while standing in the water.
- The SUP leach must be worn at all times, additionally persons under the age of 18 must also wear a buoyancy aid.
- Users are advised not to stand in shallow water to reduce injury. You should kneel until at least 5m from shore or in deeper water.
- It is advisable to launch and get on your SUP from the shallow beach in front of the club house. Serious injury can be sustained from launching and mounting SUPs from pontoons. Additionally users should kneel down when near the pontoons or when very close to trees to avoid injury.
- Damage to paddleboards should be reported here
Our paddle-sports risk assessment can be downloaded here